Re: tires for ST use

To: <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>, <LARRY97ACR@aol.com>, <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: tires for ST use
From: "Lance Schueneman" <lances@wt.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:53:03 -0500
Aww shucks, it feels pretty cool to have other people complement you on your
driving, especially someone like Phil, who I know isn't too bad himself. I
have gone and done quite a bit to the car for ST, but it's not even near
what you could do for ST if you had the time & money. The base car is a 96
ACR Sedan that I run before in DS. After realizing that I probably couldn't
do well in DS outside of regional events, I decided to keep it that way to
finish out the regional schedule and go for ST after Houston decided that
they'd be running ST this year.

First mods were upsizing in wheels and tires. I now run 215/40-16 Toyo
Proxes T1+ tires on 16" wheels. Next was the engine's turn, I installed a
Borla exhaust, Iceman cold air intake, auto TB, and Unorthodox Underdrive
Pulley. After that came suspension in the form of a bigger rear swaybar and
Mopar xtra high rate autox springs. And I'm still using the stock motor
mount that come on the car that's probably been torn to bits. :) I'm really
happy with the car in it's current state (some oversteer on course) and may
possibly make only small changes in the near future. I hope improvement in
my driving also has helped make me more competitive. Of course, locally,
I've finished in the top 3 at all events except one, so I'm happy about
that, and hope that we can build the class locally and nationally to have
better competition between everyone.

Need any more info? Email me (I'm on digest).
Lance Schueneman
#49 ST - 96 Neon ACR