Re: Using a in-car camera

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Using a in-car camera
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:49:33 -0500
> First thing I know... I need to get the wide-angle lens attachment.

"Absolutely essential."

I think it depends on your camera and where it's mounted.  For Solo, I
use an old Ricoh R-18H (essentially a Sony TR-101) with a Bogen suction
grip mounted on the rear window without a wide angle lens.  Works fine
for me.  Your best video analysis will come from two driver cars.  That
way you can compare your runs to your co-drivers.  It can also prove to
your co-driver that her line wasn't as wide as she thought, (not naming
names).  Pictures really are worth a thousand words.  :)

June Sprints Sat. and RWD for Sundays autox.  Whoo-hoo!!
--
Jeff Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/video.html = Autox video info