Tire pressure? - goodyear slicks and honda

To: tyjones@ciris.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire pressure? - goodyear slicks and honda
From: Thomas Reichel <hoosier-tom@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:58:34 -0500
Tyler,

I'm afraid you've made a common mistake regarding used tires.

I'n looking for something inexpensive, you've ended up with a
combination that you can't use in car and that is UNSAFE.

I don't know who sold you these tires, but they don't belong on a FWD
car. PERIOD!

The 20 x 6-13's are fromm a FF.  The 22 x 9-13's are rear tires from a
FC.
These cars weigh @1175 lbs.

Using Formula tires on a Production based car, esp. a FWD car, is an
invitation for disaster. Do you really want to load a front tire that
was designed for @ 250 lbs. at each corner, with over 600 lbs. per
corner? It's simply not safe.

The APPROPRIATE FWD sizes are:

20 x 9.5-13 FRONT : 28-32 lbs. R33 or R210

20 x 8 - 13 REAR:  20-28 lbs. R25 or R110

I've been selling race tires since 1986. I can help you with both
Hoosier and Goodyear cantilevers. Please call and I'll be happy to help
you with any question you have.

Regards,

Tom Reichel
Mid-Atlantic Motorsport