Mounting used Kumhos inside out?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Mounting used Kumhos inside out?
From: Gary_Lingertot@amsinc.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:06:28 -0400

I just bought set of used 245/45-16 Kumho V700s (thanks Greg) that I'm
mounting on my 16x8's. They're more worn on the outside than the inside.
I've think I've read that the Kumhos have an asymmetrical tread, so they
can be mounted in any direction. Does this simply mean that the direction
of rotation can be reversed from that labelled on the sidewall (i.e. you
can rotate the tires all the way around), or does it actually mean that I
can mount them with the fresh side out?  I'm a bit reluctant to ignore both
sidewall indicators (direction of rotation AND this side out) unless I get
some feedback from the experts. However I'd love to extend the tire life by
mounting them in this manner.

          -- Gary