Re: Quickest route from Chicago to Evansville?

To: jmoore@spyglass.com
Subject: Re: Quickest route from Chicago to Evansville?
From: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:15:35 -0400 (EDT)
--Boundary_(ID_PROucTMReIaVpVovoPO8fg)

John,
 I have found that taking IN 41 south is the faster way.  It follows the
Indiana/Illinois boarder.  It is a split four lane highway with posted limits
of 55, bummer.  I have only run into two of Indiana's finest over the 25 plus
trips on IN 41.  Getting to 41 can be done many ways and it depends where in
Chicago you live.  I take 294 (Tri-State) south to 394 (Danville) which goes by
Belmont horse track.  After that the highway changes to Illinois 1.  Continue
going south, now only 2 lane road, to Indiana 2.  The name changes because now
you are in Indiana.  Indiana 2 intersects with 41 at a stop light.  After
Danville, 41 goes east but you can stay traveling south by taking 64.  Just
north of Terre Haute 41 and 64 merges.  Taking 64 will cut off about 20
minutes.

Otherwise you can take 57 south and cut over on either 74 (Danville) or further
south in Effingham to 41.

The first way I described takes about 5 to 6 hours depending on Chicago
traffic.  I have never taken the other way but I can only concluded it would be
around 6 to 7 hours.  I always took 41 to get to Terre (terrible) Haute when I
visited there nine months of a year for school.

Lloyd Wilson
100K Racing
93 Prelude VTEC
VTEC SPD