Re: July Fastrack and engine swapping

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: July Fastrack and engine swapping
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:21:30 -0500
You're right, Craig.  It is a bit ambiguous in the wording.  What I
think it should say is, "...similar configuration AND DISPLACEMENT
from the same corporation..."

It's my understanding that that's what the rule refers to.  Say, for
instance, you're building a CP Camaro with a 350 for the base engine.
It could be a Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, or whatever GM name 350 as long as
it came from the factory as the same basic engine.  I don't know that
Chevy, Olds, and Pontiac all made 350s, but you get my drift!!!  8<{)
Even though the rule specifically states V6 and V8 engines, I would
think you could make the same point for Mopar four-bangers, many of
which were the same whether they were in Chryslers, Plymouths, or
Dodges.

There was a time, back in the early 80's I believe, when the General
got in a lot of hot water for puting Chevy engines in Oldsmobiles and
doing other cross-brand engine swaps at the factory.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman