Also Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Also Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:06:37 -0400
The Toyos are better suited for road course work
because they like heat.  But still, at our local track
(Summit Point Raceway) I have heard that the
Toyos alone are 2 seconds a lap slower than the
G-Forces on light Improved Touring cars like
CRXes and whatnot.  But that's roadracing, not
autocrossing.

I do know that they last a long time, though, and that
is always a consideration for racers on a budget
(like me).

Also, Radial Tire in Silver Spring, MD is a great store
if you are anywhere nearby.  The owner races a Motorola
Cup Miata and he knows his tires.  His prices are really
good too.  We get all our roadrace slicks exclusively from
him.

Jon
NASA-VA
SCCA-WDCR