ALSO Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ALSO Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:05:38 -0400
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:46:48 -0400
From: "Randy Clow" <randyc@map.com>
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

>The sport continues to add categories and classes (thinning out
competition and
>increasing preparation costs) while reducing seat time.
>NEVER HAVE SO MANY SPENT SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE.

Or, in other words, "Buy or build a competitive RX-7 roadracer for $6000,
spend another $4000 racing it for a year, get more seat time than in ten
years of autocrossing, and drive at higher speeds to boot!"

I couldn't resist.  The cost per mile of competitive autocrossing boggles
my mind.

=-)

Jon
working on two broken RX-7's
(one CSP/Pro7 project car and one APrep/EProd roadracer)