TLS Membership

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: TLS Membership
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:26:46 -0700

Mike:

I don't know if my previous ramblings would count as asking for a membership, so
lemme put it to ya straight:  Can I be a TLS member?  Puh-Leeeze?

I have to agree that David would have been a great choice.  Maybe next year?  He
can be The TLS Member of the new Millenium.  (No, I didn't mean he'd have to
drive one o' them 4-door Mazda thangs...)

As for Miss Katie Kelly, well, the poor chile' is truly sweet and innocent, and
has never really met me.  (She has seen my photo in Pylon, so your comment about
her "kuddling" with me probably has her reaching for some nausea-reducing drug
by now.)  I can vouch for her dedication to the sport and her perserverance --
Hey, she comes from a family that races a LOTUS with a BMC/Leyland Engine!!!
Need I say more?  Don't let her "left-wing" attitude lower your respect for a
good driver and a good writer.  There's room for all of us in the paddock,
politics notwithstanding.  Besides that, SOMEBODY in this crowd has gotta be
concerned with hygiene!!!

So, if I "make the cut" as a TLS member, can I have my car number, 13?  When you
drive an MGB, you obviously ain't concerned with traditional "bad luck" items.
Seemed like an obvious number to me...

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB