Re: ALSO Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

To: "NASA-VA Jon Felton" <nasa-va@juno.com>
Subject: Re: ALSO Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class
From: "Robert Glover" <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:24:24 -0700
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>

> Or, in other words, "Buy or build a competitive RX-7 roadracer for $6000,
> spend another $4000 racing it for a year, get more seat time than in ten
> years of autocrossing, and drive at higher speeds to boot!"
>
> I couldn't resist.  The cost per mile of competitive autocrossing boggles
> my mind.

When you think about it, you're very right.  I still enjoy autox and intend
to continue competing in Solo II, but my plan for next year (or later this
year anyway) is to build a CMC road race car and get into that.  I'm hoping
to hit Thunder Hill in August to get my NASA license and get ready for it.
Now to just find the car... I even have a co-driver who wants to share
costs.

Rob
(looking for a cheap 89-92 Camaro 305 5-speed)