Re: ADDL PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

To: John Whitling <alliancemillsoft@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: ADDL PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:50:04 -0600
John Whitling wrote:

> In addition to the modest changes being lobbied for here on Team.net, I
> would also like to include aerodynamic "accessories". Add ons like
> spoilers, air dams, and wings are commonly found on hopped up rice
> burners these days. Myself, I have a vehicle with a tri level wing,
> tunneled belly pans, and a rear diffuser ... just to look cool ya know
> ... certainly we wouldn't want to turn away any of those true
> enthusiasts that typically add these items to their street cars to look
> cool.
>
> And one last thing .... putting restrictions on the class like 2500 lb
> min weight, 2 or 4 doors, (my car doesn't even have no stinking doors!
> ... are you guys trying to shut me out ????? I wonder ....), and
> especially boost limits is silly. It'll only hurt the class. We need to
> work together to have as few restrictions as possible.
>
> One last thing ... we especially shouldn't exclude carbon fiber. Most go
> fast parts available today are made from carbon fiber. Let's all be
> reasonable here and work together to make this class something we can
> all aspire to win. I like this new class ... especially the emphasis on
> affordability!

Waitaminutehere....

        Ain't you one of them thar Mod car drivers? Trying to sneak in and
whoop up on us poor ol' door-slamers? Well I ain't gonna fall for it... :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/