NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tourney event on Internet (almost TV)

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@ilist.net
Subject: NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tourney event on Internet (almost TV)
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:30:20 +0000

----__JNP_000_1725.5676.6cc9

Alan,

You are right on about the NOPI Nationals Autocross Tournament. As a
matter of fact the event will be broadcast (tape delay) on the internet
at:

http:\\vitekvision.com

This will be a beginning. I think that the MirrorKhana/NOPI Nationals
Auto-X Tournament format is superior for TV because the first car back
wins, period. No futzing around with timing issues. Just like drag
racing.

Ben Thatcher
NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tournament - event chair

From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Subject: RE: Pro Solo on TV

This is why the ProSolo format has more TV appeal than good old Auto-X

1) There is an overall winner

2) You could devote the show to the challenge ( of course that means most
of
us don't get on TV boo hoo )

3) The side by side action is more graphic then me against the clock then
you against the clock.

If any auto-X event is TV wothy its Pro or Rocky's Mirror Khana
(spelling?)

If you TV types are listening NOPI nationals would be a great event to
broadcast. Its a modified mirror khana and has tremendous appeal to the
import drag crowd.

Regards,
Alan

----__JNP_000_1725.5676.6cc9
        PAGE.url"

W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9aHR0cDovL3ZpdGVrdmlzaW9uLmNvbS8NCk1vZGlmaWVk
PTgwQTU1QzRERTFENEJFMDE0Mg0K