RE: NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tourney event on Internet (almost TV)

To: "'Ben Thatcher'" <bthatch@juno.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tourney event on Internet (almost TV)
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:15:14 -0400
Ben,

When the event gets closer could you announce the broadcast time and address
to Team.Net? I am sure the netters that can't make it to Atlanta will be
interested in the coverage.

Thanks,
Alan

On Tuesday, August 03, 1999 6:30 AM, Ben Thatcher [SMTP:bthatch@juno.com]
wrote:
> This message is in MIME format.  Since your mail reader does not
understand

> ----__JNP_000_1725.5676.6cc9
>
> Alan,
>
> You are right on about the NOPI Nationals Autocross Tournament. As a
> matter of fact the event will be broadcast (tape delay) on the internet
> at:
>
> http:\\vitekvision.com
>
> This will be a beginning. I think that the MirrorKhana/NOPI Nationals
> Auto-X Tournament format is superior for TV because the first car back
> wins, period. No futzing around with timing issues. Just like drag
> racing.
>
> Ben Thatcher
> NOPI Nationals Auto-X Tournament - event chair
>
> From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
> Subject: RE: Pro Solo on TV
>
> This is why the ProSolo format has more TV appeal than good old Auto-X
>
> 1) There is an overall winner
>
> 2) You could devote the show to the challenge ( of course that means most
> of
> us don't get on TV boo hoo )
>
> 3) The side by side action is more graphic then me against the clock then
> you against the clock.
>
> If any auto-X event is TV wothy its Pro or Rocky's Mirror Khana
> (spelling?)
>
> If you TV types are listening NOPI nationals would be a great event to
> broadcast. Its a modified mirror khana and has tremendous appeal to the
> import drag crowd.
>
> Regards,
> Alan
>
> ----__JNP_000_1725.5676.6cc9
>       PAGE.url"

W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9aHR0cDovL3ZpdGVrdmlzaW9uLmNvbS8NCk1vZGlmaWVk