Re: stickers+brakes (fwd)

To: Christopher Roger Cammack <cmack@WPI.EDU>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stickers+brakes (fwd)
From: 95 GSR <TurboTage@geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:15:26 -0700
Not sure on the stickers.  Maybe ask your local association???

As far as the brake fade you are describing (pad fade), it's excess heat and
gases building up inbetween the pad and rotor not allowing full contact.
Some say slotted or cross drilled rotors will cure this, but I personally
found just a simple upgrade of pads worked as well.  I use Porterfield R4S
pads in the front and stock pads in the rear on my Integra GSR and haven't
had a problem since (stock rotors).  In my opinion though for street driving
(even aggressive) and auto-xing the pads never got hot enough that the stock
pads couldn't handle it.  It wasn't until the higher speeds of road racing
came into play that an upgrade was necessary.  Hope this helps.

Tage...