Annual Tech Inspection

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Annual Tech Inspection
From: Heathcakes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:49:59 EDT
That brings back memories.  We used to do annual tech, just like Road Racing
does.  You got teched at the beginning of the seasonf for Regional events
only.  This made our events run a lot faster and we easily averaged 110 -120
cars at an event.  This only held for Regional events, and Divisionals and
Tours still had to be teched.  Everyone should direct their questions to the
Solo Events Board in writing if they want to get this back in effect.  They
would then pass these questions/interests onto the appropriate decision
makers in Denver.  Please recall that not all of the people in Denver may
have access to Team.Net, and the appropriate way to submit an idea to your
Solo Board is in writing (however I have heard that some will take ideas via
email now).  I have only run one Pro Solo and am not sure about what they do
for tech there. Best of luck getting this reinstated.

C. Heath McMillan
member since 1988
67 CSP
85 CRX

ps:  make sure you bring up the annual tech that our fellow road racers have
for their cars they drive excessively on the track. Normally they do not have
to have the car looked at unless they hit someone or something.