decal adhesion

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: decal adhesion
From: Mari Clements <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 19:51:06 -0400
CHuck wrote:
> John, please do not blame this incident on alleged inferiority.  It is not
> Huck & CHuck's fault that our decals have good taste.  The decal obviously
> managed to free itself from your car (probably because it was applied over
> oil that had leaked out of that high quality British motor), looking for a
> more sporting ride.  Obviously, it found the sweeper more attractive.  Its
> twin obviously found one of the few panels NOT covered with oil...

To which John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman replied:
>Are you insinuating, sir, that my wee little British beastie would do
>such a thing as leak oil?!?!?  As the sign on the back says, "All
>parts falling off this car are of the finest english workmanship!"
>8<{)

Better oil than Bondo...  Thanks to an unfortunate encounter with a pole in
my parking garage (I was just a child, the pole refused to yield
right-of-way, and it was clearly in my lane), the Shelby had a rather large
patch of non-metallic stuff right in a prime decal spot.  In Eric's first
ever Pro, whoosh, the decal comes flying off and gets run over.  Tire marks
just don't come off.

mlc
Mari L. Clements
Department of Psychology
Penn State University
442 Moore and 160 University Support Building 1
University Park, PA 16802-1012
(814)863-5664; fax (814)863-7002
http://www.personal.psu.edu/mlc4