Re: ProSolo on TV

To: autox@autox.team.net, tomh@lvcm.com
Subject: Re: ProSolo on TV
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:10:53 -0500
Yeah, I remember it . It was Prime Sports Network ( Now Fox Sports) and the
emcee was Roger the famous Johnson. It was an hour long show and it was taped
at the Solo 2 Nats in Salina (probably 1991). That show did more to promote
autox to beginers than anything that I have ever seen in 9 years of racing.
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 Kc Reg

>>> Thomas Harrington <tomh@lvcm.com> 08/03 3:36 AM >>>
I have not read this whole thread, so excuse me if this as already been
mentions, but...

Along time ago, ok figure 1993-4ish, I saw an autocross on TV.  I think
it was ESPN2.  I figure 93-ish because there was an in-car camera of a
3rd gen RX-7.  The RX-7 had the words MAZDA on the steering wheel filled
in with white paint.  They explained all the classes, Stock, SP, P and
Mod.  It was really interesting.

That one show that I saw about half of made me want to autocross.  I few
months later I "found" my local region and started running.

So, I don't know what this event was, or when it was (precisely), but I
remember seeing it.

Anyone else remember this?

-Tom
95 MR2 Turbo