Re: Canadian Rules

To: Farzaan Kassam <fkassam@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: Canadian Rules
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:21:06 -0500
Farzaan Kassam wrote:

> The only thing I don't like about our system is that it's not fully
> developed yet.  The really serious guys haven't pushed all of the class's
> limits yet......<snip>....The only downside to the mods to make that
> power are reliability, but if your pockets are deep, you can upset the class
> pretty good.

This would kinda be the essence of the problem wouldn't it?  Rules are
based on top drivers in fully optimized cars. It can be no other way,
and this tends to be one of the "downs" of the points system.  I know of
a couple of places that this system works great, but like you, there
isn't anyone real serious about maxing out to the rules and winning at
all costs.  I can't imagine the task of assigning point to all cars
along with the particular modification points.  I can hear the howls
now.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese