Re: Datalogger Story (long)-- Short Response

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datalogger Story (long)-- Short Response
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:20:16 -0400
> I would imagine that
> instead of bitching to the net, that a letter in person to Byron would me
> much more constructive.  But alas, it seems that you must have something to
> spout off about. >>

I don't know Dennis or Byron or Sam Strano nor do I own any data logging
equipment...

But I still don't see that Dennis "spouted off" about anything.  He tried
several different data logging systems and reported to Team.Net about the
one he liked best.  What's more, he even told use WHY he liked that one
best.  He even told of features that Geez had that the other system didn't.
I thought it was a great product review.

As for downloading the latest and greatest software everytime it is
released, sometimes folks want to stop "playing computer" and get on with
their work.  They might just want to use what is available.  One of my
Macintoshes in my home office is running the latest OS, one is running an
OS that is 4-5 years old.  The old OS is appropriate for that application.

Given how responsive Byron has been on Team.Net, one can only assume he
will address the percieved differences and add the capabilities that Byron
wants.  I can go even further and assume that the other company might also
do this and add the features that they don't have.  Competition breeds
stronger products.  I currently work for MacSpeech
(http://www.macspeech.com), it would be nice if IBM and Dragon weren't in
"my" market, but I'll tell you now, their prescence makes me work harder.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.