CP Mustang For Sale

To: CP List <cp@twingles.com>, "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: CP Mustang For Sale
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hey y'all,

I'm selling my racecar.  Details are below (sorry it's so long!).
Please contact me directly regarding it.  FWIW, I'm selling it to buy a
house and I've got a loaner ride indefinitely so, fortunately for my
sanity, I'm not getting out of racing.  Pictures on my website are soon
to follow....

FOR SALE: 1987 C-Prepared Mustang LX

Car has never been wrecked and is in excellent mechanical shape.  I got
it in 10/97 and it was a bone stock LX hatchback with a 5.0 and a T-5.
I have gradually turned it into a full-fledged C-Prepared autocrosser,
but it would also make a great open track car or even a drag car if you
were so inclined!  It’s extremely reliable and easy to work on.  I used
it for my work commute for the first year that I had it and even drove
it to New Orleans (600 miles) last summer just before gutting the
interior.  It’s a very competitive autocrosser and is ready to race.
Delivery to Nationals in Topeka could be arranged.

Suspension:
- Ground Control adjustable perches at all four corners with multiple
spring rates
- Griggs Severe Duty adjustable panhard rod
- SN-95 front control arms with Delrin-Aluminum bushings
- Koni Sports up front (adjustable)
- Koni Reds in rear (adjustable)
- Offset aluminum steering rack bushings
- Baer bump steer kit
- Custom fabricated anti-squat brackets
- Crash bolts installed in struts to allow more camber adjustment
- ’95 Cobra upper and lower rear control arms

Engine/Powertrain:
250 hp, 329 ft-lbs at the rear wheels (est. 290 hp, 370 ft-lbs. at
flywheel)
Ran 12.90 @ 104 mph on one of its few trips to the drag strip in Texas
heat
- Texas Turbo 1-5/8” long tube headers with 3” collectors
- Dr. Gas X-pipe (3”)
- Dynomax 3” Race Magnum mufflers with turndowns
- Motorsport 3.55 gears
- K&N air filter
- Motorsport 190lph fuel pump
- ASP underdrive pullies
- A/C removed with correct power steering pump relocating bracket
- Smog pump removed
- Rebuilt Trac-lok with performance rebuild
- Rebuilt T-5
- Pro-5.0 shifter
- 14 degrees of timing and runs on 93 octane pump gas

Chassis:
Below 2700 lbs. with no ballast (race weight is 2750 lbs. w/o driver)
- S&W Racecars custom built roll cage (approximately 10 point and have
tubing to convert to 12 point)
- Global West subframe connectors
- MAS fender flares (not yet installed)
- Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace
- Two Jamex racing seats with custom brackets
- Battery relocated behind passenger seat
- Autometer Ultralite Gauges: tach, oil pressure, water temp, voltage
- Two RCI harnesses
- Interior completely gutted and painted with rollbar padding
- Full lexan including removable side windows
- Custom made aluminum headlight covers and rear spoiler
- 50/50 left/right weight bias with 175 lb. driver
- 50/50 diagonal weight bias with 175 lb. driver
- Currently 56% front weight with more front weight reduction possible

Wheels/Tires:
- Four (4) aluminum Real Racing Wheels:  16x12 (16 lbs. each!)
- Four (4) steel American Racing Wheels:  15x8 (for rain tires)
- Tires:
  - Four (4) 25x13 Goodyear 210 compound
  - Four (4) 25x13 Goodyear 430 compound
  - Five (5) 25x12 Hoosier R33 compound (mounted)
  - Four (4) BF Goodrich R1s 245/50 (mounted)

Brakes:
- SVO four wheel discs and 5 lug conversion
- SVO aluminum master cylinder & gutted prop valve
- Wilwood adjustable prop valve
- Multiple sets of front and rear pads included
-Stainless front lines

Misc. Spares and Extra Parts:
- 1972 302 shortblock
- Edelbrock Victor Jr. carburetor intake (not installed)
- 8.8” rear end with 3.27 gears
- 1996 Cobra and 1987 stock front control arms
- Stock 1987 rear control arms
- Car Cover

The car has well over $6000 in mods (not including labor) plus the
purchase price of the car itself!  I’m asking $4800, but will consider
any reasonable offers.  For an additional $2k, I’ll sell my trailer,
too.

Thanks,
Tommy
512-335-4870 (h)