Trailering BAD for Miata clutch?

To: miata@realbig.com, autox@autox.team.net, phax@eng.kns.com
Subject: Trailering BAD for Miata clutch?
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:47:57 -0400
Hi Guys (and Gals)----

I've heard that the 1.6 Miata clutch is a fairly weak unit, but I've
noticed the demise  (slippage) of my clutch has happened very rapidly over
the course of this autocross season and I wonder if can be attributed to
towing a trailer rather than just the normal autocross abuse.

Are there any fixes other than "new clutch"?
Would the group recommend a stronger aftermarket clutch, and are there any
available for the 1.6, or do I have to upgrade to the 1.8 flywheel and get
a 1.8 clutch in the process?

Thanks for your advice/comments.

Eric Moon
'92 Miata SOLO II  CSP