"Team.Net Picks The Winners" contest

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: "Team.Net Picks The Winners" contest
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:23:26 -0700
Well, I spent way too much time last night working out a web site that
works something like Rainer Mueller's site last year for picking and
predicting the winners of the Solo II Nationals.

You can cut to the chase and see it at:
        http://www.marimba.com/people/jss/picks/picks.html

The choices are based on the entry list as published on the SCCA web
site.  My picks page will automatically update every day from the SCCA
site, so once updated entry lists are posted by the SCCA, the next day
my site will have the new entries available.

You may enter as often as you like, but any time you submit picks, it
will replace your previous picks (that's different from last year).
Please use the same e-mail address each time you submit a pick,
otherwise it becomes a maintenance headache for me -- the goal is to
have only one current pick per person, but I'm going to need your help
to make that a reality, so please do it that way and always specify the
same e-mail address.

Results will be tallied each time someone makes a submission, and are
available here:
        http://www.marimba.com/people/jss/picks/totals/results.html

Right now, there's only one set of picks (mine).  The entry list is a
little "thin" so some of my favorites aren't available yet.  If your
favorites aren't available yet, get on the phone and tell them to enter
the event!

Hope you all have fun with this.  Hopefully it's fully automated and
will require no input from me.

And to answer the inevitable question: no, I'm not putting up any
prizes, but anyone else is welcome to!

Josh