Re: "Team.Net Picks The Winners" contest

To: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Team.Net Picks The Winners" contest
From: "A.J. Rystad" <ajrystad@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:07:55 -0700
At 01:23 PM 8/15/99 -0700, Josh Sirota wrote:
>Well, I spent way too much time last night working out a web site that
>works something like Rainer Mueller's site last year for picking and
>predicting the winners of the Solo II Nationals.
>
>You can cut to the chase and see it at:
>       http://www.marimba.com/people/jss/picks/picks.html
>
>The choices are based on the entry list as published on the SCCA web
>site.  My picks page will automatically update every day from the SCCA
>site, so once updated entry lists are posted by the SCCA, the next day
>my site will have the new entries available.
>
>You may enter as often as you like, but any time you submit picks, it
>will replace your previous picks (that's different from last year).
>Please use the same e-mail address each time you submit a pick,
>otherwise it becomes a maintenance headache for me -- the goal is to
>have only one current pick per person, but I'm going to need your help
>to make that a reality, so please do it that way and always specify the
>same e-mail address.

Josh,

Is the "winner" based on the overall number of correct picks, regardless of
the number of times you enter and/or date submitted?

Just curious, because, IIRC, I got the most correct last year on only 1
pick.  Bill "Bigtoe" Buetow got me by one pick, but he submitted a couple
of picks.  And that's the closest I've ever come to beating him. :-)

And thanks for providing the page.

A.J. "Waiting for some people (Yes, you Kevin!) to enter before picking."
Rystad
92 MR2T AS