Tahoe/Suburban gas consumption

To: "'Autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tahoe/Suburban gas consumption
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:10:04 -0500
I increased my actual mileage (4x4 '96 Tahoe) by 2 mpg in both city and
highway simply by putting synthetic lubricant into every available orfice
(the Tahoe's).  Including differentials, transfer case, engine,
transmission, power steering pump, you name it.  I get 19 on the road when
running between 70 and 75, over 75 it starts to fall off prettly quickly.
If you tow (I have an open trailer and either a BSP 240Z or an AP RX-7) the
mileage is 15, being conservative and 13 if you are silly.  YMMV.  It's a
1500 series with the "Vortec" 5.7 engine.  I am not happy about the rear
spring rate, when I put on new shocks it'll get "helpers".

Oh, my $50.00 (that's right FIFTY dollar) RX-7 cranked right up and purrs
like the mean kitten it will be, someday soon.  Bank auctions ARE wonderfull
things.  Almost wish I hadn't torn all the interior out prior to starting it
up.

James Rogerson
Houston Region

"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and are unable to have meaningful
relationships with women" - Joseph Heller

TLS #18; Old Fartz #86  [Too many cars to list]