Re: Cooling Beer on Grid

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Beer on Grid
From: "Sean Long" <seanlong@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:21:08 -0600
In WWII, special straps were created (unofficially of course) to attach beer
kegs to underwing pylons on fighters, and a quick hop up to 25,000 ft would
cool off the beer nicely.  During the Allied invasion after airfields in
France had been captured, some squadrons had "special" ferry runs set up to
haul beer strapped to the bellies of their fighters.  Some also would use
the gun ammo bay in the wings to carry over iced lobster and other seafood.

Sean Long
'98 Firebird TA, FS