Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???.....Naw

To: "Scott Meyers" <solo2@uswest.net>, "Scott R Sawyer" <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???.....Naw
From: "Phillip S. Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:49:01 -0400
Well spoken Scott.  I don't understand why some folks want to blame DC for
pulling the contingency.  If the other marques wanted to compete in SS, they
should have stepped up to the plate and built a car from the factory
available to anyone, not contract with aftermarket companies to do the job
they should have done.  No way can that be considered fair and equitable
competiton.  Someone mentioned the Koni struts  available on Neons.  I'm
sure Koni, or GAB, or any number of performance shock companies would have
been willing to sell shocks/struts to major auto manufacturers.  I no longer
compete in a Neon, and have no dog in this fight, but I hate to see any
major company that will contribute decent money to SCCA competitors, be it
Solo, Rally, or Road Racing, pull their support.  I would much prefer to see
more marques ante up just as DC has for the past 4 years....

Phil O.