Picks contest

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Picks contest
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:13:28 -0700
Hey folks,

I wish the SCCA would update their entry lists.  But even with this old
one from 8/11, we've got 79 people who have submitted picks at this
point.  Very cool.

Some new prizes have been offered.  For first place (that's the person
who picks the largest number of classes correctly), we've got Mari
Clements' hand-painted shirt, complete with slogan.  For 2nd-4th, we
have some American Autocross Series goods, offered by the AAS
administrator, Jesus Villarreal.  They include an AAS coffee mug, an AAS
hat, and an AAS Larry Park Memorial autocross T-shirt.  The T-shirt will
go to 2nd place, the hat to 3rd, and the mug to 4th.

So, for those of you who have submitted picks for only one class --
resubmit!  You have no hope of winning.  Usually the winners of these
things pick 25-30 of the classes correctly, if memory serves (it often
doesn't).

Remember, you win nothing if the most people pick you (it's just a nice
ego boost).  You can only win by submitting the largest number of
correct picks!

Also, the goal here is to have only one pick per person.  If anyone
finds that they accidentally used more than one of their e-mail
addresses, let me know and I'll clean it up.

Josh

Picks site: http://www.marimba.com/people/jss/picks/picks.html