Re: non-stock M3 LTW...?

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: non-stock M3 LTW...?
From: Rex Tener <rex@marimba.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:24:16 -0700
At 02:00 PM 8/23/99 EDT, TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

Hi Mark,

>The problem with putting these cars in Stock are that they had special
>competition suspension options that are Street Prepared oriented; adjustable
>front camber plates, special brake discs, Grupe N adjustable suspension.

I don't believe this is true.  They had stock 1995 M3 suspension except for
the springs, which were the European coupe springs.  No adjustable front
camber, stock '95 M3 brake rotors not the Euro floating rotors.

Here is a link to some specs...

        http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/ltw/e36_ltw_info.html

>Aluminum door skins, stiffer
>suspension springs with 1" lower ride height, sound padding removed, special
>seats, and a lower rear gear were also std.
>
>Hardly the type of vehicle to be classed in Stock.

Sounds like a Type R, Porsche MO30, Neon ACR, ....

<ducks>  :-)

Rex Tener
rex@marimba.com