M3s and Neons and Type Rs, oh my!

To: "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: M3s and Neons and Type Rs, oh my!
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:46:16 -0400
Well, this has been most educational...  I'll spare you all from a ton of
replies and quotes and make a few comments back. :)

I stand (well, actually sit) corrected on my statement that the ACR got a
major makeover to become what it is.  With the facts on the ACR and the M3
LTW, I see that the M3 got a much more serious makeover, and the ACR's parts
were simply what someone might have put together in their driveway with a
base Neon using all factory parts.  Dodge just saved you the time and
trouble.

I don't believe I ever implied that I thought the M3 LTW should be in stock.
If that's what you gathered from my statements, I apologize and clarify.  I
actually used this model as a highly modified car that should not be in
stock, and was trying to compare the ACR's mods to it.  Given what I've
learned, I believe the classing on BOTH models is accurate.

As for the Type R, I don't know a whole lot about them, other than that I
saw one absolutely scream at an event on Sunday. :)  They seem to be not
intended as race cars, unlike the ACR and M3 LTW, but more of a
top-of-the-line Integra with lots of go-fast goodies.  The Type R does seem
to be a better comparison to the ACR than the M3.

    - Justin