SCCA Budget Things

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCCA Budget Things
From: "Merideth, Marcus (M.E.)" <mmeridet@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:58:51 -0400
Couple of quick points.  The boxes you check do divide your membership fees.
If you only solo then pick only solo.  The question was asked at the last
convention and I think at the one in 98 also.
As for solo operating in the red, the explanation I got was the staff and
Nationals where the big budget items in solo.  If you have questions, Chuck
Shapiro is the treasurer and I am sure he would be happy to address specific
concerns.  His e mail is on the SCCA web page.
I think any broad statements about clubs taking solo money and applying it
to rally or road racing is a gross stereotyping.  Most clubs around here
make money in road racing and loss or break even in solo. Detroit Region
makes money in all areas.  We don't discuss where the money comes from for
new equipment or the banquet, we just try not to loss money overall.  Our
biggest money loser is the club news letter.  The membership fee we charge
doesn't even cover the cost of producing and mailing the Open Exhaust.
Well, that is my two cents worth.  Hope it gives another point of view.

Marcus Merideth
ESP #89
Detroit Region SCCA Regional Executive

Marcus E. Merideth
mmeridet@gw.ford.com
Ford Motor Company
(313) 337-4138
RVT Interior Systems                                             fax
(313) 390-3390