Also Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000?

To: autox@autox.team.net, zoomie@qis.net
Subject: Also Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000?
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:00:44 -0400
> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:58:51 -0400
> From: "Mike Neary" <zoomie@qis.net>
> Subject: Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000?
>
> As dominant as the Type-R is in local events here, I think one of
> the G-Stock sleepers has got to be the Subaru Impreza.  This car,
> with the proper driver, or even with a mediocre driver, can and does
> in this area, dominate G-Stock.

Cheers to that!  The Impreza has been doing very well locally here this
year, in fact we have had as many as 5 of them at an event!  Guys like
Richard West are showing us what these little beasties are capable of,
compared to the potentially dreaded limited production Acura product.

Jon Felton
'84 Mazda "Type R"X-7 #75 AP
Director, National Auto Sport Association- Virginia Region
http://www.nasaproracing.com
--next autocross: Sept 12 (Pro Finale Sunday) at VA Motorsports Park