AX/Daily Driver rear ended, advice?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: AX/Daily Driver rear ended, advice?
From: Paul.Osnes@essc.org (Paul Osnes)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:40:16 -0400
     I Autocross a '97 Miata, which is also my daily driver.

     Friday night a teenager rear-ended me hard enough to push the wheel
     wells up against the rear tires.

     Assuming the car isn't totaled by my insurance company, does anyone
     have any advise on how to get it closest to fighting trim?

     I don't have unrealistic expectations, and I've never been in the hunt
     for trophy's anyway; I just like to race.  But I do want to know that
     it's the driver that's slow, not the car.

     Thanks,
     Paul Osnes
     #496 San Diego Region