Re: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question
From: Michael King <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:21:34 +0000
Justin Hughes wrote:

>   I'm just speaking my opinion
> based on my own experience.  Horsepower alone does not make a better
> autox
> car, but pitting lower power models directly against their higher
> power
> siblings just doesn't seem fair to me.  I've been in both classes with
> cars
> I've had, and my ES Saturn SC2 is much quicker than my HS, then ST BMW
> 320i,
> or my old HS Mercury Tracer (Escort LX twin).
>
>     - Justin

   I agree with your statement of pitting quite a bit lower horsepower
models with higher hp models of the same car. I do have a question about
the 92-95 Honda Civic classing in Street Prepared. Why are all the 92-95
Civics grouped together? The Civic DX, CX, and others had at least 28
horsepower less than it's flagship Si. Yet, all Civics are grouped
together. How can this be? I believe the much lower hp Civics should be
in DSP or even the new ESP. They're just way outclassed in CSP. Ok, I'm
writing a letter. Any thoughts on this subject? Brett?

Mike King
Buccaneer Region