Re: Street Touring for Nationals

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Touring for Nationals
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:57:16 -0500

Vince Bly wrote:

>         First, a friend called to check on his entry (in ST) and was told
> by Denver that there are now 21 cars registered in ST!  Great!

Wow, we're getting a BIG class together!  Pretty impressive for such
short notice.

>         Second, STL is not empty (Linda Duncan is driving my Prelude in
> STL).  However, it would be a lot more fun with more ladies.  I wonder
> if you and Wendi Allen would consider switching to STL?

I'm not sure about Wendi, but let's just say I don't have the legs for
it.  (it's been a while since anyone has made that mistake... you might
take a look at my homepage, that might clear it up)

>         Third, referring to another ST thread, it is likely that the top
> Street Touring class in 2000 will be STR.  We were hoping some of the
> non-R tire manufactures (such as Michelin) might want to become actively
> involved is ST.  Since that now seems unlikely, STR will likely take the
> top spot.  To paraphrase Howard Duncan: "With ST, if you really do a
> great job in preparing your car with all the legal engine and suspension
> goodies and you really drive well, you might be as fast as a top H Stock
> car.  Groan.  You can imagine the rest.  Now none of this is set in
> concrete, so if you have a constructive suggestion, one way or another,
> make sure you let Denver know.

Hmmm... sounds like Howard might be anti-ST.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca