Car numbers at Nationals

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car numbers at Nationals
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:11:52 -0400
A reminder to everyone going to Nationals:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read and understand section 3.7 of your rulebook,
which describes what your car numbers must look like.

They should be at least 8" tall with at least 1.25" stroke, uniform in
color, and the color must contrast with the background.

IMPORTANT: Red and black are both dark colors.  Red numbers on a black
car, or black numbers on a red car, are basically invisible unless it's
very sunny.  As a T&S worker, I'm very tired of trying to read these.
It's amazing how many people seem to think that this is a readable
combination.

Other frequent offenders are owners of late-model Camaros.  I know
the doorskin isn't metal, but it's really really hard to read your
numbers on the very curved rear quarter panels.  If at all possible,
please find another solution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mark