Re: ProSolo next year?

To: Thomas Harrington <tomh@lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: ProSolo next year?
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:21:13 -0700
Thomas Harrington wrote:

> I was at one of our local events two weeks ago and one of our local
> members who went to a recent roundtable mentioned that there would be NO
> ProSolos next year.  He said SCCA decided that it was a failure and was
> planning to stop them after this year.
>
> Now I don't know how much, if any truth is in his statement.  I get the
> impression that every year a rumor starts that the ProSolos will stop.
> So I'm curious if anyone has heard anything similar?

I too was at a recent Roundtable in Phoenix Arizona, and the information
shared there was that SCCA was carefully assessing the Pro Solo effort this
year, and that anything that did not work well would be rethought, and
things that worked well would be retained.

The strong implication that I got from "all who attended that really knew"
was that there WOULD BE a Pro Solo next year, but that it would change
some.

FWIW.

Scott Meyers