Pro Solo next year?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pro Solo next year?
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:53:56 -0500
"I was at one of our local events two weeks ago and one of our local
members who went to a recent roundtable mentioned that there would be NO
ProSolos next year.  He said SCCA decided that it was a failure and was
planning to stop them after this year."

I believe Howard (btw, Howard = good for SCCA/Solo) said last year that
if Pro Solo couldn't stand on it's own financial feet or bring in a
bunch of new members (ST no-shows?) that it would have to go away.  Solo
looses money, you know.  There's an argument that the same 60-some
people show up at most Pro's while Nat Tour events are averaging over
250 entrants.  If we drop Pro could we add 4-5 more tours?  "I have a
dream" that the Chicago/Milw. groups could co-host one at County
Stadium.

I vote we have an F-Stock only Pro class next year. :)
--
Jeff "rare f-bird" Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/wai.html = Wisconsin Autocrossers Inc