RE: Type R: G Stock in 2000? "Dreaming...."

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Type R: G Stock in 2000? "Dreaming...."
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:19:07 -0500
> The Audi TT would be at best competitive with the "regular" GS cars.  I
> doesn't have the A4 multilink suspension, it's only FWD with no limited
> slip, and it weighs 2900 (ask Curtis Ames who weighed his at the Boise
> Div).

        The Audi TT Quattro is available in the US at this time and one of
the people I work with has one parked next to me as we speak. It only has
the 180 HP engine and the "limited slip" is a series of clutch packs that
are computer controlled, intead of the Torsen of the A4's.
                Since the owner of this TT traded in an A4 Quattro for the
TT, I asked what he thinks about the Quatrro TT compared to the A4 as far as
performance. He seems to think that the power gets biased toward the front
wheels much more than the A4 did, but he thinks it would be competitive
against the other GS cars. Now If I can only get him to come out with the TT
to see what it can do, since he hasn't autocrossed since he bought the A4 5
years ago.

        John Moore
        1993 Toyota MR2 NA
        TLS #55