Re: Subject: Re: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: "Lewis, George (GEA, 083228)" <GEORGE.LEWIS@APPL.GE.COM>,
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Safety Nazi was RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 00:46:28 -0700
Hi George
In general I agree with you to try to take words in their context.

But once in a while an unforgettable human catastrophy event takes place
that evokes long lasting deep reactions in people .

What happened in Europe during WWII is just one of those events. Of all the
words in our vocabulary the one being discussed is an all too easy reminder
of those who committed unspeakable atrocities.

Unfortunately there are followers in this country & around the world today
& they are serious.

Even in jest the use of that word can bring out a very deep sense of sadness.

So let us find a commonly agreed term to fit the Safety person's
description, but not for one minute forget what happened in our history,
there are too many who were affected, past and present-their reality still
exists.

And the nature of healing of those affected is an individual, private matter.

Judy B. in San Diego   {:>}