Re: The 'New' G Stock?

To: Kent Rafferty <gs96@sgi.net>
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock?
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:31:37 -0700

Kent Rafferty wrote:

> So, potentially you could have the following match-up
> in GS (excluding the Type R, etc for now), correct?
>
>       Car                     hp       weight     lbs/hp
> ---------------------    --------    ----------   ---------
> Audi TT Quattro      225     3200        14.2
> Audi S4                   250     3500        14.0
> DSM AWD             210      3100        14.7

   Firebird V-6            200hp   3200        16.0  but rear drive + posi &
big rubber.
                               (ever notice the engine setback in one of
these?)

    Type R                   195      2400        12.3   Wow! All the good
                                  stuff *and* this power to weight. No wonder
it dominates.

I don't know. With all of the "new good stuff" coming out that is classed in G
Stock, it might make sense to leave all there for another season and see just
how things stack up.

Better than making a lot of wrong guesses based upon "I thought".

And after looking at the above, the Type R seems to be way out of the scope of
the other cars.

Scott Meyers