DS vs GS results

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: DS vs GS results
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 00:25:16 -0500
Ron wrote..."My main point here is that yes, the Type R is a much better
car than the GSR, but it isn't race-bred as many think.  It just has
some high performance goodies on it the same as any other make of car
does to some of their sports cars."

Now there's a sentence that will keep this thread going.  "Just a few
goodies" is a bit of an understatement, IMHO.  Most folks have to head
on down to the local performance shop (with their wallets open) to pick
up some bolt ons that would put them in CSP, not to mention a hand built
motor. (LSD=good.  No, not the drug!).  I guess I don't like counting
the Pro Solo results when discussing Solo classing since the start is
such a big part of the overall results. Approx half(?) the Solo courses
I see take away the DSM launch advantage.  Hey, I'm bored, let's look at
some actual data!

Meridian Tour
DS=Leverone, Neon 101.568,  DS ran 1st heat, rainy Sat
GS=Goeke, borrowed Eclipse 101.441 GS ran 5th heat?, rainy Sat

San Diego Tour
DS=Molleker, Neon 127.440 high speed courses
GS=Bauer, Type R 125.901

Dallas Tour
DS=Collins, Neon 150.611, DS ran in cold 1st heat
GS=Bellamy, Camaro 148.405 (Geez, these were long courses!)

Ayer Tour
DS=Daddio, Neon 88.298 (Ayer? If I can't pronounce it, I can't go
there.  How would I ask for directions?)
GS=Bellom, Camaro 91.192

Evansville Tour
DS=Hughes over Washburn, Neon 85.972
GS=Ledfords Eclipse over Bauers borrowed Type R, 86.163

Seattle Tour
DS=Molleker, Neon 81.774
GS=Bauer, Type R 80.279

Obviously, run order, weather & type of course affects the outcomes.
For more data, I looked up the results for DS/GS in the Cendiv BFG
series and found Hughes DS Neon and Ledfords GS Eclipse seem to be
pretty equal overall, (no Mr.Rohn, HS does not beat GS 'regularly'
<grin>) .  The Type R's aren't out in force yet around here.  What can
we tell from all this data?  I don't know, I'm just trying to see if we
can keep this thread going til after Nats. :)

Jeff "no Linhoff" Cashmore