Re: DS vs GS results

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: DS vs GS results
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 08:20:25 -0500
Jeff Cashmore wrote:

 What can
> we tell from all this data?  I don't know, I'm just trying to see if we
> can keep this thread going til after Nats. :)

Great data Jeff.  The only thing I have "concluded" yet, and I can still
be convinced otherwise, is that these two theoretical opponents have a
huge course dependency issue.  I know you didn't use Pro's in your data,
but several Pro events this year strongly suggest to me that certain
course types will most certainly skew the result one way or the other.
I am looking forward to seeing this years results!!  I'm pretty sure
I've not been beaten in raw time by a GS car this year, but then again,
I havn't run up against the likes of Bauer, Endicott and Co. either.  We
will see if these cars are a DS fit.

The other general comment I wanted to make is that by suggesting that it
is now O.K. to "let" other cars into DS, we are lending validity to the
Neon protectionism theory.  You did not mention this in your post, but I
have seen a few others already.  I don't mind if some other cars are
reclassed into DS if they are a performance fit.  Let's not just dump
them there just because you can' find a more appropriate classification
for a hard to class car.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese