Re: Why index classes? - Let's index cars!

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why index classes? - Let's index cars!
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 16:46:21 -0500
Justin Hughes wrote:

> Great idea!  How would you like to inventory this info on every make,
model,
> and subtype of every car ever made, break all them down into just a few
> classes, and tell us what you come up with? :)

I think his intent was more to come up with a generic formula that could
be applied to ANY car, given that you knew basic information about it
such as HP/Torque, weight, weight distribution, drive configuration,
wheelbase, track, wheel width... paint color...

I'm not sure if this could work or not.  The only way to find out would
be to experiment.  Take a few examples of cars that are very similar
(yet different in some way) and cars that are very different and try to
find a formula that would properly index them.  No, I don't want to do
it.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca