Re: Yoko A032R's in the wet? (long)

To: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yoko A032R's in the wet? (long)
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 14:10:37 -0400
John,

What you experienced was not a tire problem.  It was a surface issue.
EVERYONE had the same trouble.  Mostly due to the fact the course was
mostly laid on the line of the track and we had to be on the vast amounts
of rubber and oil laid there.  There wasn't any standing water, so
hydroplaning wasn't an issue.  It was just REALLY slick.  I went out once
to clean some anti-freeze, and it had just started to rain (again).  We
couldn't even tell where it had been put down, even though we saw the line
when we arrived at the corner.  It was *that* slippery in the wet.

Sam Strano