Re: The 'New' G Stock?

To: "Joe Goeke" <buttheat@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock?
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:23:50 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Goeke <buttheat@hotmail.com>

> Having 5 or more [different types of contending cars] _is_ a success, and
in 98
> we had this but as the year wound
> down, it came apparent the Talon was a dominate car.  Then came the Type R
> fiasco, and now the data shows the dominace of both these two cars, so
now,
> with data, it is apparent that GS is now a 2 car class, dropping back the
> other 5 manufactures....

As a regional GS competitor, I don't see a picture as bleak as you paint it.
I look at local GS event results from around the country, and while DSMs and
Type Rs are well represented, so are MX-6s, Probes, Preludes, V-6
Camarobirds, Impreza RSs (!) and a few other supposedly uncompetitive types.
So I'd conclude that at the regional level, G Stock is working just fine.
Even nationally, many of these cars have the potential to place well.  As
far as *winning* the class, find a stock or SP class in which one or two
types aren't a bit out front of the rest at the national level -- and
there's always the potential that someone takes an underdog car and finds a
little more speed.

<snip>

> Once again you continue to look a only one event, and one day at that, to
draw your conclusions.

It seems to me that this entire arguement revolves a few events involving a
few drivers who would be fast even in my daughter's pedal car.  At that
point, it's legitimate to ask whether we're classing cars or drivers.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr