Impound Legalities at Natioanls?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Impound Legalities at Natioanls?
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:45:37 -0500
        First, this is my first Natioanls and only my second year of
Autocross. In the mail yesterday I got my confirmation packet for Nationals
and noted a section on one page entitled "Impound Legalities". It states :

        "Competitiors are reminded that Impound will continue the practice
of pro-active vehicle inspection. Selected classes may be required to remove
valve/cam covers and/or differential covers during impound to verify
compliance. It is mandatory that you have the necessary factory
documentation available and it is recommended that you bring the necessary
materials needed for reassembly."

        So which classes are the "selected classes" ?  I'm in CS. Should I
go out and get everything I need for removing the cam cover and differential
cover? Me and gaskets don't seem to get along, since I never seem to be able
to get them to seal properly, so this makes a bit nervous as to if I could
reassemble the damn thing on site, let alone actually know how to diassemble
everything necessary to remove the cam cover.

        Please tell me this is only for SP, P and Mod cars?

John Moore
1993 Toyota MR2 NA
TLS #55