Wheel / Tire size recommendation?

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel / Tire size recommendation?
From: David Thomas Stewart <darksol@darksol.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 06:24:42 -0500
Greetings all!

I know that some (most?) of you are going to Topekee real soon... but was
wondering if you had some insight on wheel/tire sizing for my 1994 Honda delSol
VTEC.

Currently I'm running Tire Rack Borbet Type-T 14x7" wheels with BFG 205-55-14
G-Force R1's, which have been ok for my 2nd season autocrossing. Last year I
ran on street tires, next year I want something even better...

Ideally, I'd love to run the "killer setup" of lightweight 13x9" wheels with
225-45-13" Hoosier Autocrossers, but I may be limited to what I can fit,
considering I have 10.2" brake rotors in the front of the car (the back has
9.3" rotors).

I know I could run 14x8 or 15x8 and get some 225-50-14's or some 225-45-15's,
but I really, really like the added perceived torque from using a 20" diameter
tire over a 22" diameter one... ;)

Anybody have an Integra GSR with this desired 13" setup? (they have the same
size brakes) Could adequate backspacing or some speciality rim lip help my
cause?

Any and all recommendations on sizes, wheels, tires are greatly, greatly
appreciated.

You may now resume your quest for Nationals... ;)

d a  v   i    d

david Thomas Stewart
darkSol motorSports
94 delSol VTEC EG2 13.791 @ 98.41 mph