Re: Wheel / Tire size recommendation?

To: David Thomas Stewart <darksol@darksol.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel / Tire size recommendation?
From: Jenaro Rodriguez <dicej@cnw.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 05:11:37 -0700
 Very Nice Car David. I saw in the picture on your Web Site that your running
in CSP? According to the specs you give for your engine, you are not legal for
this class. You can't make any changes to the ports on the heads more than 1
inch from
the interface of manifold/head. A Stage VI  DPR Head doesn't sound like it
meets this requirement. Also the Type R Cams are probably a no-no. Finally the
adjustable Cam Sprockets are specifically disallowed. Just thought I'd mention
this in
case you weren't aware. The following Link
(http://www.best.com/~mouton/sccasolo/car_class_sp_rules.html#s1410) has a
section of the Solo II rule book that shows this. Check sections 14.10-Q and
14.10-U. Remember, if it doesn't say
specifically that you can do something you can't. As far as the wheels are
concerned that's open. In my Region, one of the top CSP guys runs a DelSol. He
runs Hoosiers on 8" Kaizer Wheels. He does very well with this combination.
Good Luck,

     Jay