Big Hearted MR2 Owners

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Big Hearted MR2 Owners
From: Cheryl & Leland Burns <cmburns@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:50:28 -0500
OK, I put this off yesterday and I've been putting it off all morning.
Here's the story. Saturday a week ago my better, and sometimes faster,
half traveled from Dallas to Muskogee to get in some practice time on a
concrete surface before trying her stuff at Nationals. She was
traveling with a friend and they towed the MR2 on the Demco dolly with
our surburban. Coming back our friend drove the last leg home. 1/2 block
from the house they struck a parked car with the dolly. The surburban
was untounched. The tow dolly is totaled. The MR2 is in the Toyota of
Irving body shop. Toyota of Irving says that if everything goes perfect
they will have the car out on monday afternoon. Cheryl is pulling out of
Dallas for Nationals tuesday morning. Two things gotta happen. One is I
have to find another suitable tow cart. I'm a bit picky but when push
comes to shove we'll lay down the cash for anything just to get her
there. The real question is the car. Any hang up with the insurance and
she'll be the one hung. Is there anyone with a MR2 willing to offer up a
ride in case it doesn't all come together?
        But wait! there's more! This year we offered to let Jimmie
Stewart
co-drive (share?) our MR2 at nationals. You'll remember Jimmie as 1998's
Talent of The Year singing Tony Bennett songs. Jimmie drove his red Mark
I MR2 at last year's event and did ok with it. He could drive it again
but we were going to give him some more power and he drove our car the
last couple of local events to get the feel. I trust Jimmie (sort of -
it was either him or Phil Osborne - who would you pick?) to watch over
Cheryl and help her with the car. Anyway, on their behalf, I'm pleading
(typing on my knees) for one or two big hearted MR2 drivers to serve as
backup in case the our car is not finished. We will pay for gas, tire
use, a cheeseburger with fries, she can bring a set of Kumhos and tools
and ................ <- insert your own request. Anything short of
pulling off the Konis. Hate to ask, but you gays/gals have been the best
in the past and even if there's not a seat out there I know you'll be
pulling for us to get Cheryl up there with you.
Thankyou everyone.

Leland Burns
Wish I was 1 of 900, my wife has all the fun.