Re: magnetics?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: magnetics?
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:45:54 EDT
The magnetic sheets that Home Depot carries here are from this company:

Bond/Helman
1701 Pacific Ave. Suite 280
Oxnard, CA  93033
805/487-7772
www.helmangroup.com
8" X 15 1/2" Magnetic Vent Covers (there are three sheets per package)
Manufacturer's style # MV-10594

Home Depot stock # 181-588,
Priced at $7.97

These do not seem to be the "paper thin" type.  As far as I can tell without
measuring, they appear to be every bit as thick as the magnetic numbers
I have been using since 1984.  I have no way of comparing the magnetic
strength to any other material, and since I still have a pretty good size
sheet of the thick stuff (from a sign shop) it may be a while before I try
this.
(can you tell I spend too much time in HD?)

Alan